Tuesday, March 30, 2010

P90X – Day 2 (Lean) - Review

P90X – Day 2 (Lean) - Review

Monday – Bah! Always a tough day at work and jus t to add insult to injury the kids are on Spring Break – so I had to sneak out of the house while everyone else slept in. Oh well, good for them.

Since I did a few minutes extra before heading out the door, I prepared some scrambled eggs and packed all of my high protein foods. All this in an effort to avoid temptation at the office and risk blowing my P90X diet – Phase One – burn that fat baby!!!  Good news – it totally worked. I was on track, great choices, no mis-steps.  I have to up the overall calorie intake today – double workouts, lots to burn and avoid the bonk!

I have to say using http://www.livestrong.com/myplate/ to track my food intake makes the whole diet deal way easier – or in my case, it makes it possible.

The workout for Day 2 – Lean – CARDIO X

It was nice to start in slow with the yoga warm up. My hamstrings were feeling so tight all day, the warm up loosen up my muscles. Great workout! My two stumbling blocks – the high kick over the chair – what the heck was that called? Anyway, by the second round I was better able to keep up – the first round – not so pretty. My other struggle…. DREYA ROLLS!! Wow, they really kicked my butt – that would be the same butt I could hardly get off the ground even when pushing off after the roll – we will just work up to the “X”….{sigh}


Today is Day 3 of my P90X Journey. This will be a huge day for me because I am also doing Workout Boot Camp – it’s a hot day and I know this will be an extra tough day – we told to bring weights and jump ropes. Then I will finish up the night with my next P90X workout – on the schedule:  Shoulders & Arms, Ab Ripper X. 

That's all for now - think good thoughts for me.

No comments: